Fundraising Bid Writer
Applications are welcomed from suitably experienced individuals.
Salary: £24,102 – £26,732
Hours: As part of our commitment to being a flexible employer, applications are welcomed from candidates who are able to offer anything up to 37 hours a week.
Contract length: This is a permanent position.
Location: The post holder will be based in Ashington but may be required to travel on an ad hoc basis and can work remotely as part of a blended approach to working.
Closing date: 12pm Wednesday 16th September 2020. Interviews will take place week commencing 21st September 2020.
Applying for the job: You must complete an application form. CV’s will not be considered. To find out more about the role and to request an application pack, contact:
Sarah Hall: 07384510724 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Citizens Advice Service
The aims of the Citizens Advice service are:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
Citizens advice Northumberland provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
In furtherance of its aims the service follows policies of non-discrimination and seeks to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Citizens Advice Northumberland offers free, confidential and impartial advice online, over the phone, and in person. We give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem. We help with everything from money and debt issues to problems at work, housing, benefits and consumer rights.
As Fundraising Bid Writer within Citizens Advice Northumberland, you will lead in producing high quality, bespoke and engaging proposals for tenders, trusts, corporate partnerships and foundations. We are looking for a vibrant, dynamic, positive and experienced income generator who will work closely with the executive team, but with the autonomy required to successfully achieve.
Fundraising Bid Writer
You will have excellent communications skills and the ability to work in collaboration, drawing on the expertise of staff across the organisation.
Line Management Responsibilities
You will report to the CEO and will also work closely with the Operations Manager and Service Managers.
- To be responsible for developing and writing grant applications to Grant Making Trusts and Foundations.
- To provide stewardship for key stakeholders such as Trusts, Foundations and Donors.
- To assist researching funding opportunities to sustain current and new funding for services and projects as per Citizens Advice Northumberland’s strategic priorities.
- To provide administrative support to the department manager and the charity’s bid making process.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership team to achieve both restricted and unrestricted fundraising targets and associated Trust and Foundation funding targets.
- Research funding opportunities and identify and horizon scan potential sources of funding.
- Provide administrative support for the bid making process including managing and recording funding application activity.
- Produce grant applications to generate funding for Citizens Advice Northumberland services and projects.
- Stewardship of a portfolio of external funders, partners and stakeholders gaining an in-depth knowledge of their needs and priorities.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders including Operations Manager, Service Managers and other key staff to prioritise applications for development.
- Produce budgets and financial proposals in collaboration with the Commercial Manager and relevant managers for bids.
- Maintain an in-depth and up to date knowledge of all Citizens Advice Northumberland’s services and projects.
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate history of developing and writing successful funding applications
- Experience of creating accurate reports for internal and external use
- Experience of using research mechanisms for identifying opportunities within trusts and foundations
- Experience of setting and achieving agreed funding targets
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads
- Excellent written skills including editing and critical read through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to absorb large quantities of diverse information and identify the salient points with accuracy and speed
- Respecting and maintaining confidentiality
- Able to use supervision effectively and develop reflective practice
- Able to work in a challenging and changing environment
- Share the behaviours/values/aims/objectives of Citizens Advice Northumberland
- Able to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the post
- Experience of working in voluntary and community sector
- Current driving licence/ability to meet the travel requirements of the post
- Ability to instigate and deliver ideas to achieve set goals
- A great advocate of the aims and objectives of the charity, someone with the ability to promote Citizens Advice Northumberland
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with a very wide range of people
- A rapid learner so as to quickly understand the nature of the charity, its services and aims
- A creative, flexible and strategic thinker
- High levels of resilience
- A relationship builder with high levels of emotional intelligence
- Authentic and passionate about the cause
Further Details – Fundraising Bid Writer
Normal hours of work for a full-time worker are Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5.00pm and Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm including a 30 minute unpaid break.
Full-time employees are entitled to 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
Travel expenses will be paid on authorised business.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Sarah Hall, in the first instance to arrange this, using the contact details below.
Completed applications (CV’s will not be accepted) should be returned using the details below:
Citizens Advice Northumberland
South East Remote Advice Hub
Unit 6, Sovereign Business Park
Mobile No: 07384 510724
Alternatively completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com
Please ensure that you receive a read receipt.