Macmillan Welfare Benefits Caseworker
Funding from Macmillan Cancer Support allows Citizens Advice Northumberland to provide a welfare benefits advice service to assist people affected by cancer to identify and claim available financial support after a diagnosis. This advice is provided face to face in people’s homes and outreach locations, as well as over the telephone and via digital means.
We are looking for an adviser who ideally has previous experience of delivering welfare benefits advice, but we will also consider applications from people who can demonstrate the ability and willingness to undertake training to achieve the desired competencies.
You will demonstrate highly developed listening, communication and interpersonal skills necessary to handle emotional and complex situations in a way which always balances empathy with professionalism. You will also have excellent IT and case recording abilities.
Employees benefit from:
- Being part of a highly committed team who work together to bring about positive changes for individuals, local communities and society as a whole
- Structured Personal Development process with clear opportunities to develop yourself professionally and your career within the organisation
- Full training appropriate to the role
- 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) for full time employees
- Access to our better Health at Work programme
- Enrolment in the Company Pension Scheme
Citizens Advice Northumberland is a Disability Confident and Living Wage employer and has signed the North of Tyne Good Work Pledge.
Job Title: Macmillan Welfare Benefits Caseworker
Salary: £20,561 – £25,703 pro rata depending on previous experience within an advice setting.
Hours: As part of our commitment to being a flexible employer, applications are welcomed from candidates who are able to offer up to 37 hours a week.
Closing date: 9.00am Tuesday 22nd November
Interview date: Tuesday 29th November
To find out more about the role contact: