Welfare Benefits / Macmillan Caseworker
We are looking to recruit a Welfare Benefits / Macmillan Caseworker to provide a high quality advice and casework service in welfare benefits through face to face, telephone and digital channels including representation. This role will include working with cancer patients through our Macmillan funded service.
You will demonstrate highly developed listening, communication and interpersonal skills necessary to handle emotional and complex situations in a way which always balances empathy with professionalism. You will also have excellent IT and case recording abilities.
Employee benefits include:
- Being part of a highly committed team who work together to bring about positive changes for individuals, local communities and society as a whole
- Structured Personal Development process with clear opportunities to develop yourself professionally and your career within the organisation
- Full training appropriate to the role
- 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) for full time employees
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Enrolment in the Company Pension Scheme
Citizens Advice Northumberland is a Disability Confident and Living Wage employer and has signed the North of Tyne Good Work Pledge.
Salary: £24,289 – £26,988 pro rata depending on experience.
Hours: As part of our commitment to being a flexible employer, applications are welcomed from candidates who are able to offer up to 37 hours a week.
Closing date: 9.00am Thursday 30 November 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 06 December 2023
Location: Ashington Hub
To find out more about the role contact:
T: 01670 618008