Who we are
The Citizens Advice service aims
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face.
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
The service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Citizens Advice Northumberland
At Citizens Advice Northumberland we can give you free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information on a wide range of subjects.
We can work with you to sort out any debt worries and claim all the benefits you may be entitled to. We can help with housing and employment problems, or deal with queries about consumer or tax issues. We can advise on legal matters, answer questions about immigration, and we have a lot of experience on family and personal matters too.
- We are a charity, dependent on a workforce of paid staff and trained volunteers.
- Our funding comes from Northumberland County Council and other major contributors.
- We speak up for change in social policies; from our clients’ experiences we can see where services and policies are failing.
- We are a member of “Citizens Advice”, which provides the extensive information system we use to advise clients and sets standards for advice, training, equal opportunities and accessibility in the bureau.
- Citizens Advice Northumberland as well as giving general advice manages a variety of projects.
What people are saying
I would like to say a huge thank you for your time, patience and understanding. The service provided by the Citizens Advice Bureau is an invaluable community asset.
Thank you so much for all your help, you were a light at the end of a very dark tunnel, and the world is a nicer place for you being in it.