The Energy Project
There are over 20,000 households in Northumberland struggling due to fuel poverty* and many more worrying about the rising cost of heating their homes. If your home is too cold you could be susceptible to a range of related health problems not to mention the additional worry and stress that you are also likely to be experiencing as you struggle to know how to resolve the situation.
The energy project can help by discussing your individual circumstances and offer tailored assistance with a range of energy issues including:
- How to understand your bills and ensure you are paying the right amount
- How to check that you are getting the best deal
- How to address debt or payment issues
- How to save energy and keep your home warm for longer
- How to check if you are entitled to any additional financial help, benefits or grants
Our support is free and impartial; we hope to be able to give you the tools to feel well informed and confident about managing the energy use in your home.
Do you have additional needs which make it difficult to manage or address your energy use?
Citizens Advice Northumberland are also working in partnership with Northumberland County Blind Association (NCBA). If you have a visual impairment – we can support you to better manage your energy use and ensure that you are aware of additional services and support that you may be eligible to receive. NCBA can also support you to make the best use of technology to manage your energy use at home and overcome difficulties associated with your visual impairment. This work is funded by the Energy Industry Voluntary Redress Scheme.
* DBEIS Sub-regional Fuel poverty tables published April 2021 (2019 data)