The cost of living crisis means a lot of people have cut their spending back. With the school summer holidays here, it can be hard to come up with cost efficient places to visit with the kids. That’s why we have created this Northumberland Children’s School Holiday Guide to help you come up with ideas to help you stay cost efficient this summer!
Kids Eat for Free or £1:
- Tesco Cafe – free kids meal with any Tesco cafe purchase for Clubcard customers
- M&S Cafe- free kids meal when you spend £5 or over
- Morrisons Cafe – Kids eat free when you purchase any one adult meal with a value of £4.99 or over (Please see T&C here)
- The Amble Inn – Kids eat free Monday – Friday with every full-priced adult meal purchased.
- Porkys – Kids eat free with every paying adult.
- The Commissioners Quay Inn – Kids eat free Monday – Friday 12pm-6pm with every full priced adult meal.
- ASDA Cafe – Kids eat for £1, no minimum adult spend required (Please see T&C here)
- Yo! – Kids eat free from 3pm-5.30pm, Monday – Thursday (Please see T&C here)
- Beefeater – Kids eat free unlimited breakfast every day (Please see T&C here)
- Hungry Horse – Kids eat breakfast free (Please see T&C here)
- Dobbies – Kids eat free with an adult main meal (Please see T&C here)
- Sizzling – Kids eat for £1, Monday – Friday, all day (Please see T&C here)
- Toby Carvery – Kids eat for £1 with a purchase of an adult meal, through the app
- Bella Italia – Kids can eat for £1 with any adult main (Please see T&C here)
Kids Free Bus Travel:
- Go North East
Bus companies Arriva, Stagecoach and Go North East have got together with Nexus and local authorities to launch the special offer so families can make the most of Summer.
It means an adult with a valid ticket or pass – including the English national concessionary travel card – can take up to three children aged 11 and under free with them on any journey within Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and Durham. (Please see T&C here).
Days out under £5 in Northumberland:
- Vue Cinema (Cramlington) – Mini mornings, adult & child tickets £2.49, view times and films here
- Screen on the Green (Newcastle) – FREE movie screenings, view the screen movie schedule here
- Alnwick Gardens (Alnwick) – Kids go FREE with a paying adult (Please see T&C here)
- Barter Books (Alnwick) – Children can trade their old books for store credit which they can spend in the children’s section
- Woodhorn Museum (Woodhorn) – Kids under 16 are FREE
- Northumberlandia – FREE
- Beaches – Cresswell, Blyth, Newbiggin, Amble, Sandy Bay, Cambois, Druridge Bay, Alnmouth, Bamburgh
- Parks -Carlisle Park (Morpeth), Kielder water and forest park, Plessey Woods